rss
email
twitter
facebook

Saturday, March 12, 2011

To My Sister

Sometimes in Paris it’s a relief when it rains.

Spring often means a tempestuously emotional season for the “Sacré Bleu” above. C’est vrai. Even in Paris.

The clouds move in and out, here and away with such swift agility that it takes but a veritable blink of an eye to witness a change in immediate climate. Morning to afternoon to evening a springtime day may bear witness to an entire--though unique all the same--gamut of manifest and seasonal “emotion”.

Sometimes it seems just a relief when the sky lets down after a duration of weighty and cloudy disposition. As if he were trying so hard to hold it back, but in the end some kind of aquatic catharsis was due him as well.

“To furnish symbols for spiritual experiences may be one of the functions of the mineral and vegetable worlds” (C.S. Lewis The Problem of Pain) Perhaps that big blue wonder covering us takes part in that metaphor too. I tend to think so.

This remembered, I can gaze upward in empathy at the rain, rather than dread. An unspoken understanding between my own journey and the season that written in they sky during the Spring--indeed a resounding and empathetic nod might be all to express. I do understand, and he me. "I know how you feel."

Today, Paris, I begrudge not--rather appreciate your light deluge. Cry on, friend, I need it too sometimes....

To Shelli, often the catcher of my tears. This came to me today. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment